Outlook data files errors can be annoying, but it could be risky if you are not attending them properly using a reliable tool. OST file corruption is one of the common problems faced by many Outlook users, which could be because of any reason like virus intrusion, data storage device failure, power failure, networking connection failure, synchronization error, or deficiencies in Outlook programs etc.
In order to resolve the OST file corruption issues, it is important to get to the root of the problem and resolve there with complete integrity.
Dealing with OST file corruption, is one of the reasons which is why I am sharing this review. Here I would like to introduce the most efficient recovery tool: Kernel for OST to PST, which has helped me (and I’m sure many others too) to rescue the data with complete precision. It has even allowed me to export OST files directly to various destinations including Office 365 platform.
What makes ‘Kernel for OST to PST’ software Outstanding?
Well, here is the insight of its cutting-edge features:
- Repairs your inaccessible, damaged or corrupt OST files in just no time
- Provide the option to smoothly convert OST files to PST files
- Preference to migrate single or multiple OST file(s) at once for quicker and simpler conversion experience
- Ability to retrieve your permanently deleted items and encrypted emails from OST files
- Flawlessly supports the conversion of complex Unicode characters
- Complete assurance of data integrity and hence preserving original Meta properties (To, From, Subject, Time, CC, BCC, Date, etc.), structure and hierarchical order upon conversion.
- Option to save restored OST files to multiple other formats like DBX, MBOX, MSG, EML, TXT, RTF, HTML, MHTML, & PDF.
- Options to save and load snapshots of entire process using dedicated ‘save snapshot’ and ‘load snapshot’ features.
- Inbuilt search feature to instantly locate OST files from anywhere in the selected zone
- Configured with advanced filters to refine specific emails based upon like ‘from, to, subject, folder name, item type & date range’.
- Availability of split option to manage large-size PST files based upon folder size and file size.
- Options to export OST files to Office 365, email server and web based email apps.
- File analysis report generation facility based upon total item types, mail flow density by date or senders, and interaction between users
- Supports all versions of MS Outlook including 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 98 and 97 and Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5 and 5.0.
Besides the above mentioned features, Kernel for OST to PST software has a lot more in its bag. You can expect, friendly working support with its intuitive GUI design, which doesn’t require any necessary technical knowledge to operate the tool.
UNDERSTANDING KERNEL FOR OST TO PST TOOL
Using Kernel for OST to PST tool was immensely simple, because of its well-sorted and self-descriptive environment. The interface is not cluttered with confusing options, but it is kept minimal for hassle-free working of the users.
Selecting OST files for conversion
As you can see, the software offers a simple and understandable interface. The tool has provided a dedicated search button to find corrupt OST files from anywhere in your drive. This option is really helpful when you are not aware of the exact path location and not willing to waste time in searching random folders.
Also, you can select multiple OST files to convert unlimited number of files at once for a really smooth and effortless job. Select ‘Load snapshot only’ radio button, if you wish to load the previously saved snapshots. Now let the software do its job for you.
This is what the process looks like when repairing and converting your corrupt OST files. Interesting fact is that it hardly took a couple of minutes to repair bulk of OST files.
Preview of Recovered Files
Another interesting facet of Kernel for OST to PST tool is its preview facility upon recovering the files. You can select any of the specific item and open it to have detailed access. Just shown in the below given image.
The deleted items are recovered and displayed in red color, to avoid any confusion. Select the files on the left side of the pane and review it in the preview box. Adjust your items to preview based upon fields like Date/Time, Subject, From, Lost/Deleted etc.
Saving OST files
Kernel for OST to PST provides an array of saving options to save recovered OST files as PST and other formats effortlessly. You can choose any file type or email server where you wish to save the file.
If you select PST file option then you can save the recovered email data in Microsoft Outlook, whereas if you select DBX format then you can save your data in Outlook Express. If you are choosing PST as your saving option, then tool will ask you if you wish to split the file or apply any specific filters before saving. You can choose that according to your specific requirement.
Here is the various split options that you can choose to split the resultant PST file.
After selecting the desired path to save, the tool saves your data to required folders.
However, if you wish to save the recovered files in cloud-based Office 365 mailbox or Exchange Server then, select the desired option under email servers and provide the respective account credentials.
Another interesting feature offered by the tool is free download and use of demo version. This free version not only repairs and displays the OST file, but even allows you to save first 25 items/folder to desired format. This is how it will look when you try to save OST files using trail version.
The evaluation version will only allow to save OST files in various file formats like PST, DBX, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, MHTML and EML format. However, rest of the options are highlighted in red color to restrain the saving capabilities.
- Windows OS (32/ 64 bits): Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2000, Windows Server 2012, and
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Outlook: 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2002/2000/98 and 97
- Outlook Express – 6.0/5.5/5.0 and 4.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server – 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000/5.5 and 5.0
- Pentium class processor
- Minimum 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
- 50 MB for Software installation
- Disk Space – Enough space to store the repaired files
In comparison to other OST file recovery tools, Kernel for OST to PST is really handy upon usage. And the best aspect about the tool is that you can use it for lifetime without any additional renewable charges. It simplifies the job of Outlook data file recovery and migration in the most effortless way. If you are using its trial version then it will provide sufficient understanding of the tool, so that you can make a rational judgment about its further usage and purchase. http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/exchange-ost-recovery.html .